Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Men can beat wives, but no marks: UAE. How F-ed up is THAT?

Men can beat wives, but no marks: UAE


DUBAI, Oct 18, (AFP): The Federal Supreme Court in the United Arab Emirates has ruled that a man can beat his wife and young children as long as no marks are left, The National newspaper reported on Monday.

The court ruled that “a man has the right to discipline his wife and children provided he does not leave physical marks,” the Abu Dhabi-owned newspaper reported in its online edition.

“Although the (law) permits the husband to use his right (to discipline), he has to abide by the limits of this right,” it quoted Chief Justice Falah al-Hajeri as having written in a ruling released in a court document on Sunday.

The court ruled that a man who “slapped and kicked his daughter and slapped his wife” violated his “right” under sharia, or Islamic law, to discipline his wife and children, as he beat his wife too severely and his daughter, aged 23, was too old for such discipline, the newspaper said.

--- end ---

Aint that some phuckedupshit?  Gee, and I keep thinking that the UAE is forward-thinking.

DG Note:  Two convenient times when you can get him and it won't leave any marks:  when he eats and when he sleeps.  Bring that to his attention at every opportunity - before meals and at bedtime. "Eat up, baby."  "Go to sleep, honey, you've had a long day..."  and then, leave the super glue on the night stand.  


1 comment:

Unknown said...

ahh..... How many times I saw this question ..... , you do know what is beating in islam ? I'll tell you , lets say my wife "'I don't have one Im still digging...... , just assume it '" , made me angry and my hiar went up And I turend red What I do .. Well islam told me you can beat her ... But consider few thinks : don't hurt her , and use a stick it have to be small like the size of your finger -we call it sewak سواك- . Ya my writting is bad I know ! Here is an online article : http://www.islamweb.net/emainpage/index.php?page=articles&id=117252