Thursday, January 06, 2011

I think I'm dying

I hate being sick.  This stuff is all up in my chest and I have zero energy.  Walking to the refrigerator to get an OJ refill takes its toll.  I have to go get nebulized and couldn't stand my own stank, so finally took a bath and washed my hair.  Standing in the shower would have been too much damn work.  This sucks.

I got to use my new purple hair dryer.  The day I was leaving to travel to the States, my beloved Parlux 3200 bit the dust (okay, after 10 years).  It had a good run.  I drove as fast as I could to Jothen and bought a new one. I couldn't NOT have a hair dryer when I got back.  So wrong.   Hair dryer deaths must take place at similar time intervals:  The Romanian's blew up as well.

Back to my story (I'm on medication and I will digress.  Try to stay with me.)

Desert Dawg is taking care of me.  She hasn't left my side for the past few days.  I couldn't ask for a better nurse.

The Man is super-sick also.  We got hit at the same time, so I really have no excuse for blaming him for not coming to my rescue with chicken soup (although irrationally I can still blame him, can't I?).  The Romanian did that yesterday - soup with bread and a slice of chocolate cake.  Anyways, he sounds like he's worse off than I am poor thang.  I am living off the OJ his family dropped off for me - among other wonderful groceries - so I would have food when I got back (he was out of town).  That was SO nice of them and totally unexpected by really really really appreciated - especially now when I'm at my most pathetic.

I'm having weird fever dreams about plane crashes (218 souls on board) on the beach (I was safe inside a purple bunker) and getting stuck in a 40-storey tower and not being able to find my blue and white clutch purse...  Why can't I ever have good dreams?  I don't get it.

GTG get "dressed up" to go to get nebulized.  The Romanian is taking me, bless her heart (in a good way).  Getting dressed will take me about 30 minutes at my current speed..... slow mo.  Maybe I'll just throw on my abaya....

Speaking of which, Slapperella related a funny story about her abaya.  I knew I had created a monster when I bought one for her - she wears it all the time now and was recently at her co-op.  She was walking either in/out and a man stopped her and asked her where she was from (I catch an attitude and most likely I would have told him to F off - in a nice way of course).  She stopped and said, "Scotland".  He says, "Are you married to a Kuwaiti?"  She said, "No."  He said, "Then why are you wearing the abaya?"  She replied that she just couldn't be arsed to change out of her pajamas.  Dude, "Huh?"  She said, "Where are you from?"  Dude: "Egypt."  Slaps,  "Are you married to a Westerner?"  Dude, "No."  Slaps, "Then why are you wearing Western clothes?" and walked away.  She said a shopkeeper had overheard the whole thing and as she said, "Wuz pissin himself laughin."  Tee hee.

Oh one more thang before I close out and go to put on clothes....

My kittens are missing.  I returned from the States and they were gone: all three of them.  Dewie, Louey, and the new one, Moo.  My landlady's maid had been bringing them food while I was away (yes she did - there was evidence), but they are no where to be found now. Petunia came back around as did Limpy.  They both sat there for a while after I put their food down for them, stared at me, and then started conversations in cat-language.  It was as if they expected me to understand.  This went on for a long time with a lot of ears-back and tail-twitching.  Clearly, they were angry I had gone away.  I hope the babies are okay. I miss them and Desert Dawg keeps searching for them on the terrace.

6 comments:

silent-prince said...

get well soon inshallah...

Expat and the City said...

Sorry to read that you are sick. I hope you feel better soon DG.

Desert Girl said...

Thank you my friends. I appreciate the well-wishes. :)

Buzfairy said...

Salamat and get well soon.

Did you find ur cats yet? I wonder where they r :(

Aruna said...

Its sad that you are unwell. Hope you get better soon. If you have a bad chest infection and you are on the nebulizer, you could stay away from anything sweet, cold salads, juices (natural or artifical), all fruits, soft drinks till your recover. Have plenty of warm liquids, soups. A tried and tested means for quicker recovery when I used to be on the nebulizer couple of years back. I enjoy reading your posts.

Jewaira said...

So funny about the abaya business :)