Sunday, January 09, 2011

Kuwaiti earns first red card of Asian Cup

Seriously???




Kuwaiti earns first red card of Asian Cup

Kuwait Times
Published Date: January 09, 2011
DOHA: Kuwaiti defender Mesaed Nada became the first player at the 15th edition of the Asian Cup to be sent off yesterday after an ugly foul on China's Yang Xu. In only the second game of the tournament, Nada saw red in the 36th minute for losing his cool during a fierce chase for the ball. As Yang and Nada fell to the ground, the Kuwaiti lashed out with his left foot, catching the Chinese painfully in the groin.  (Fellas, correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it some unwritten boy code that y'alls don't kick each other in the nads??  With cleats???)


Australian referee Benjamin Williams had no hesitation in sending him back to the dressing room and the tearful (yep - ya done phucked up) Nada hid his face in his shirt as he left the playing arena. Yang was stretchered off for treatment (frozen peas?), but returned soon after as China went on to win the Group A game 2-0. The tournament, featuring the top 16 teams from the region, runs until Jan 29. - AFP

4 comments:

LWDLIK said...

I did notice the Chinaman gave him the first kick but Nada should have shown more restraint or at least not get caught ;O) I do believe you're right re the unwritten rule on attacking the crown jewels.
LOL You do make me laugh! Thanks.

Buzfairy said...

I wish I didn't watch the game, I wouldn't be getting too sensitive about it if I didn't.

The ref was totally against us from the start. Neglecting a penalty kick, not counting a goal for us even though the ball went inside the net, but for the most part, for not warning\kicking out the Chinese players. They were really aggressive, and he let them do whatever they want :(

Anonymous said...

BABA

Get me some wasta, NOW!

Surely, I can start the next game...BABA And make so I can score the winning goal

I want some wasta, baba, NOW

Jewaira said...

Didn't you just love that game? Oozing with testosterone on all levels