Saturday, February 19, 2011

My weekends are making me tired

I had an awesome weekend.  I need more weekends to recover from my weekends.  I see a pattern forming... and I'm LIKIN it!

Wednesday night, caught up with a Shammar.   :)

Thursday afternoon, I headed over to Butterfly's and she gave me an AWESOME haircut.  Girl, you got it goin' ON. I have tried for years to get someone to do it right and BAM!  You got it right away.  Thanks.  We went to lunch and then read some cards. Fasssssssssscinating.  BTW, I read it again when I got home and it was the SAME - almost had identicals.

Thursday night I completely forgot a dear OLD friend's birthday party.  I am so so so so so so sorry.  I knew there was something and there has just been so much going on that I didn't write it down and when I don't write something down, the Old Timers creeps up. I am going to try to find a way to make it up to you.

We went to see more OLD friends who are always very kind, courteous, and extremely hospitable.  I haven't seen them in for forever and it was kinda quiet but fun. My old friend, Senior Sauza was there in all his glory.  We danced a little and then went home happy.

Friday lunch with friends at Marina Crescent.  I love PQ.  Their food is awesome and it was nice to sit outside in the sun (even if I was slightly hungofah).

Friday night went to visit The Lawyer.  (OMG, J, you have lost too much weight and I'm worried about you.  I was so sad when your mom died and it is obvious how much grief you have been feeling.  I'm so sorry.  I hope you know how much we love you and adore you.  You are one of the kindest people I have ever met and I will ALWAYS be here for you.)  Now this was a funny scene:  the guys were dancing and the girls were enjoying the show.  Wa-na-saaaaa.  I vaguely remember sticking a dinar... ok... nevermind...

We ended up heading to the desert to catch up with the Crew.  I always get lost getting to "Base Camp" and then... got stuck in soft sand.  That was just wrong.  I never do that (well, once around 12 years ago up in Kabd in my Stealth).  Envoys are NOT good in the sand (apparently Mercedes sports cars are because they were all there when I arrived!).  They could see us from the camp, so the cavalry came down to help.  The Romanian decided to get behind the wheel because she knows how to get out of sand "much better" than I do (yeah, right!).  She was still behind the wheel when the rescue team arrived, so I got to blame the stuckage on HER.  LOOL.  ha!  It was just one of those nights that you can tell stories about later and lie, lie, lie about who was driving!  ("It wasn't me.")

I was supposed to go to a barbecue in Kabd but we didn't wake up in time and Serseree got mad and went home (whiner!).  Not my fault.

I had a very lovely lunch at PF Changs Corniche with "Minnesota Man" and I laughed a good chunk of my ass off!  Thanks E.  Thanks also for being psychic enough to realize that I would want vanilla ice cream after Chinese.  Good call, dude! ("She said, and then I said....")

So here I am waiting for Slaps to get here to fill me in on her crazy Dubai weekend.  I gotta go to sleep early. I'm feelin it today.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG you had a busy weekend, glad I was part of it. E.

Butterfly on the Wall said...

Thanks love, glad you like the haircut. =)

The SAME?! Ya gots to do what ya gots to do.

trojan said...

Hi DG,
Does Butterfly do hair at a salon?Would love to have a decent hair cut:)
thnx

Desert Girl said...

E - you made my weekend, boyyyy! :)

Trojan - you can check out Butterfly's blog (above) or write to me (amerab@gmail.com) and I'll put you in contact with her. She's not at a salon now.

Desert Girl said...

Anonymous Feb 25, 4:37 - seriously, if my blog is boring you so much, why don't you stop reading it??