Monday, May 02, 2011

Seeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee ya!


I have a lot of thoughts on OBL's death. 

It was inevitable that eventually they would get him.  I would have preferred to have seen the shoot-out broadcast live on TV like some kind of Steven Segal action flick.  I saw the dead-Osama photo and it is purty gross.  I even kinda get the fish-food/dump him in the sea scenario; although at first I thought it was a conspiracy thing (and I'm sure there are lots of people who firmly believe that it is and OBL is down in the swamp somewhere livin la vida loca with Elvis and Michael;  livin on the gov'ment dime.)

O did a terrible injustice to the millions of Moslems around the world who live in peace and tolerance.  He abused Islam in the most vile ways. I think we have all been affected (to some degree) personally by the whole Osama thing.   I think he should have died - and I don't think it should have been an honorable, dignified death; which, from everything I have heard, it was not.

Having  said all that... my very first thoughts when I heard he was dead were for his family.  I felt very bad for his mother.  I don't know what her religious or political beliefs are, but I can only imagine how much agony his life (and death) have brought her regardless. I wouldn't wish that on anyone's family.

You can only hope that your kids grow up to be decent people, but when it comes down to it, we're all individuals and we are created differently.  Some just have loose wiring.

Adios, MoFo.  Who will be the next global enemy?


1 comment:

Hebah said...

I'm sure the media will find someone else for us "all" to hate.
by the way I'm a huge fan of your blog, it reads like a novel.