Thursday, September 06, 2012

Ailments

I have a few friends who, every time I call them - it might be within a few days or as long as a year - talk about their ailments.  Not just a little, but a lot.  30 minutes later, I'm wondering why I called.  Then, the attention turns to me (whoopee!  My turn to talk!), "So what about you, Desert Girl?  How is your health."  I always answer, 'Fine.  Nothing to report.'  Because even if I do have something going on 1) only old ladies talk about their ailments, and B) Who wants to hear about YOUR health problems, and 3) I'm only 29.  Why should I tell everybody what's wrong.  That's no good.

Sigh... but this is a blog and I'm not really talking to anyone and if you don't want to read about it, you can simply turn away.

I felt faaaaaaaaaabulous the entire time I was in the States.  The air was clear. The grass was green.  The trees were leafy.  No problems.  Get on the plane and no problems.  About halfway into the trip to Kuwait, I start sniffling.  Damn!  I have it again; that creepy plane crud.  No one was sitting near me. I couldn't see any snot-nosed kids.  It must have been something in the air (or lack thereof).

So we land.  I get home and have some refreshments. No problem.  The next day... bada BING - I have a fever, then I'm shaking with chills, and I can't even get up.  Desert Dawg had her head on my chest making sure that I was still alive.  I have been away from work for a month.  Those people are going to think I'm not faking it if I don't make an appearance.  So, I go into work the next day... and I can't make it through the day.  I go to the doctor, "You have a virus.  Take some Banadol and sleep."  So I did.  48 hours later, I have no food in my refrigerator, I feel like crap and hey... wait a minute... where are my friends?  Whutup?

I feel better after the weekend of sleep and go back to work.  Then, I suddenly can't hear out of my left ear.  Feels like cabin pressure at 30,000 feet.  It hurts to talk on the phone because everything is amplified in a weird way.  Go back to the same clinic to an ENT who asks me, "Did you have a flu or a virus?  What did they give you?"  Well, Banadol, of course!  "You have a middle ear infection.  Take these antibiotics."  Crap. 

So I've been sick for what feels like forever and hey... wait a minute...

I've been accused of being "in a bad mood."  Phuckyeah I'm in a bad mood.  If you couldn't hear and your head feels like its in a vice and you've been sick for a few weeks and people don't stop by or call to see how you are - wouldn't YOU be in a bad mood?  I'm downright bitcheh.

I've been offered "health massages" by the WRONG STUFF.  What I really need is some pampering of a completely non-sexual manner, cause this is ridiculous.  Where is the compassion?  Dayum.

Ooooo Saaaaaaaaa..... a few more weeks and I'll be back in the States again.  Back with the fam. I'll probably wear a gas mask on the plane. 



5 comments:

The Kuwaiti Godfather said...

Hey DG,

I know what you're going through and it does feel like crap. And yeah I wished someone was there too to keep me company yet not there to piss me off with their problems :p

A good guy or what I would do is restock your refrigerator with everything you love, make you something to eat in bed while you rest until you're back to full swing. Banadol isn't the cure to everything in my opinion LoL and yet that's all I think they have in hospitals and clinics here. Anyways, I hope you feel better as I always miss reading what you have ta say :) Take care and hope you recover ASAP

Anonymous said...

I think you should give this guy. The Kuwaiti Godfather a try, he seems like a nice guy and you need a nice guy. Just look how he would take care of you? None of your so called friends in Kuwait filled your fridge.

The Kuwaiti Godfather said...

I am a nice guy but let's keep it a secret. Hahaha Thank you Anonymous

Filling the fridge is the least I can do. I'm not closed minded and believe what I want in that situation is also what I need to give back to someone going through that situation. Don't know if you understood any of that. I have a lot more good guy stuff hidden under my sleeves. For one I can cook and i love it. Secondly, being in the company of a woman and listening is something I enjoy doing. I always remember though and rarely forget. I do shock people when they say how the heck does he remember all that :O With their shocked faces (priceless) I also tend to bring flowers (I did it once and there was the other time but I had to throw away those flowers as the girl never showed up) :(

P.S. Something for if I ever do find the right woman who wants to marry me. Marriage constitutes more freedom so she is allowed to do what she wants. Work (if she wants to) Not work (well it's up to her, no forcing) Having friends (definitely) Going out with friends and leaving the kids for dad to take care of (Yes why not!!) I don't have that many friends to go out with (maybe once a week) I hate soccer/football and find rugby interesting as a sport but don't watch it. I don't smoke or drink. *some girls at this stage start doing that stare where they seen perfection* I am not perfect: There will be arguments but that's because I don't have any actual relationship experience howeve it won't be because there is something you don't like about me apart from if you hate a chubby looking fella.

Expat and the City said...

I hope you are feeling better. Almost all my friends are sick with the flu and that includes me. When you are sick and friends / close co-workers do not even text to check on you at least once: Cross those mofo's off the real friend list and put them on the only co-worker / associate list.

Anonymous said...

Keep your head up DG....All will be good

Washington DC guy in Kuwait