Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Dar al-Athar al-Islamiyyah (DAI)

DAI hosts a lot of very intresting cultural events.  My friend, Sue (who I haven't heard from in years and I had no idea was even stooping to such intellectual lows as to read the crap I post on the blog -  ha ha) , asked me to post the below as they are in search of volunteers to help at the Amricani Cultural Center.  In a never-ending quest to make up for all the evil doings during my formative years (and how horrible I was to my mom - love you, ma), I try to help people whenever I'm asked.  (No, I can't lend anyone money. - within reason, people.)  ... especially if it is for a good cause.


Sue say:


As an expat myself, I know a lot of people are looking for unique experiences here in Kuwait.  The Dar al-Athar al-Islamiyyah (DAI), Kuwait’s leading cultural organization, is pleased to announce that training for new docent’s will begin in mid-September.  DAI docents are specially trained volunteers that play an important role in the operation of the Amricani Cultural Centre.  The docents host guests to the museum, from classroom visits to VIPS, participate in the implementation of special events, conferences, and exhibition opening, and support the organization in a myriad of other ways.

The DAI docent programme, which is three years old, is open to anyone willing to learn about the DAI, the Amricani Cultural Centre and the exhibitions and share that information with visitors from around the world.  The training takes approximately 15 hours and all docents are asked to volunteer a minimum of 3 hours per month.
There will be an information meeting on Monday, 16 September at 7 PM at the Amricani Cultural Centre for those interested in learning more about the DAI Docent programme.


For more information about the DAI Docent programme, please email info@darmuseum.org.kw  

Git yer culture on!

No comments: