Sunday, November 10, 2013

You know what to expect when you re-heat leftovers (Desert Guy)


.... the same thing you had before.

That's what I got with DGy.  He can be so incredibly charming and attentive.... for a little while.... and then it is back to normal self.  He was attentive for a while:  picking up the phone on the 2nd ring every time I called; responding immediately to SMSs; smiling when I talked to him; giving me hugs and insisting that I sit next to him; doing things for me without being asked; extending invitations.

That all stopped.  It just ran it's short course and was done.  Now he's back (well, it was always there, just hidden or put to the side for some time) to being a rude egomaniac.  And I forgot about the unnecessary lies - and so many of them!  You know you're going to get busted when you have too many lies and can't keep track of your own BS (which is why I stopped lying in my early 20's - BUSTED!)

I am friends with some of Desert Guy's long-time friends and cousins (and the fact that he introduced me to them is something that I see as a blessing).   They have all related stories to me (which I find hard to believe because blood is usually thicker than water...), "He has a good heart, but..."  and "20 years ago he was a totally different person and didn't do any of these things...." "Don't you know that he's a liar?"  ".... I have a girlfriend, but when she goes to work in the morning, I don't call another girl and cheat on her...."   Ouch.  I hope my peeps never talk about me like that.

DGy does have a good heart, but all the peripheral stuff is just not worth the trouble:   a massive tornado of BS-infused drama.   DGy stopped by and put on a bit of a show in my benefit one night last week.  I left before the second act.  "Where are you going?!"
'To my camp....gotta go....'  

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Do you have to let it Linger, do you have to do you have to do you have to let it linger"

Desert Girl said...

Anonymous 1:45 - Love that song. True, true.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6Kspj3OO0s

http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/cranberries/linger.html

Poppygoodwill said...

Maya Angelou (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maya_Angelou) said something incredibly wise: when someone tells you who they are, believe them. Pair that with: "a leopard doesn't change his spots" and "fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me." Three axioms as a guide to dealing with inauthentic people.