Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Celebrating 10 Years of Blogging: Saturday, November 29, 2014




Thank you fall for reading my blog
for the past 10 years!


A lot has changed in Kuwait since 2004.  A lot has changed to me personally since 2004.  I can't believe it has been an entire decade! Where does the time go?

It seems like just yesterday I started the blog as a way to vent my frustration.... wait a minute.... I'm still doing it...

As of today, I have accumulated 1,466,316 page views and have written (or plagiarized from the media and commented on)  1,573 posts.   I'm not much into stats, but that seems pretty cool.

For a decade, I have not accepted paid advertising nor taken any money for posting material.   I still try to keep it all real.  When other bloggers have moved on, tired of the novelty, stopped blogging, or just sold out to Tha Man for cash;   I'm still here, giving my honest perspective on life as I see it in Kuwait.

I hope I have helped you all in some small way.  I hope I have promoted Kuwait in an honest and practical manner.

So to all of you who have hung around with me (or have moved on to other steps on your journey in other corners of the world and are just visiting through the internet), I would like to sincerely thank you for your kindness, your support, and your friendship.  I never thought The DG blog would take on the life it has, or that I would make so many friends or learn so much from other people's insights to the same picture.  I'm truly blessed because of you all.




8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mashallah! Congratulations, yet another milestone, keep going girl ��

Vinoo Abraham said...

Thank you Desert Girl for speaking out your mind and doing this blog without fear, without partiality and without any financial incentives. Most other bloggers don't speak on controversial topics like the Bedoun or Terrorism or something nasty happening in Kuwait. We are proud that you have done what no other blogger in Kuwait does. You have kept it real and although we have moved on from Kuwait, we still read your blog for that perspective on Kuwait. May God grant you many, many more years of happy blogging.

Anonymous said...

congratulations DG. I am a recent entrant to your readers fan list. I truly like your candidness. Your blog is surely different and entertaining than what the ususal bloggers present and i like it. Kepp doing the good work!! hats off!!

Unknown said...

Thanks for your wonderful, helpful and funny blog. You are a treat and a boon to animals and people in Kuwait.

TisMe said...

Now that you've mentioned it , I've counted the years that i've been following your blog. Six years , started when i missed home "Kuwait" while studying abroad back.

I'll take this 10 years anniversary chance to apologize for some of the comments I made that didn't make it through moderation : p



SV said...

Congratulations! Even though I've moved out of Kuwait, I still follow your blog... just because it's so good to read :-) Kudos to your dedication :-)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, DG, from an ex-expat! Keep 'em coming for a long long time!

Anonymous said...

Let's see, in Kuwait time, where things come and go so quickly, it's like you've blogged faithfully for 70 years. Oh wait. Maybe that's dog years.:-)

Ten years is an amazing accomplishment. Keeping it real, keeping it fresh isn't easy. Sometimes it's painful. Congratulations.